Recognition helps employees know their company appreciates them and their contributions to the team’s success as well as the success of the company, this is crucial when organizations grow or change. It helps employees build a sense of security in their value to the company, motivating them to continue excellent work.
The below employee recognition quotes will help you engage with your workforce and boost productivity through an effective appreciation of their hard work.
For more on employee and business improvement check out our blog here.
Recognition on a consistent basis improves employee engagement, which in turn, will boosts productivity. If their work is acknowledged, praised, and rewarded, it will drive the employee to work harder to receive additional employee recognition.
Improved employee well-being:
When an employee feels valued they tend to be happy. Employees that are Happy and fulfilled through being recognized by the organization they work for feels a greater sense of purpose at work. If an employer treats their employees well, they will want to do an excellent job in return.
Improved job satisfaction:
Being rewarded for hard work shows the employee the value of their work and how it adds to the company. This also provides the employee with a sense of purpose in their day to day work.
25 Employee Recognition Quotes
- “Employees who report receiving recognition and praise within the last seven days show increased productivity, get higher scores from customers, and have better safety records. They’re just more engaged at work.”
– Tom Rath
- “The role of the CEO is to enable people to excel, help them discover their own wisdom, engage themselves entirely in their work, and accept responsibility for making change.”
– Vineet Naya
- “If you do not treat people with the respect they deserve, do not expect any kind of commitment to your productivity goals and target.”
– Ian Fuhr
- “When a manager recognizes an employee’s behavior, personally and sincerely, both feel proud, gratified, and happy. There’s a human connection that transcends the immediate culture to create a shared bond. The power of this bond is stronger than you might think; indeed, it’s the power that holds together great organizational cultures.”
– Erik Mosley and Derek Irvine
- “If you don’t create a great, rewarding place for people to work, they won’t do great work.”
– Ari Weinzweig
- “Take time to appreciate employees and they will reciprocate in a thousand ways.”
– Dr. Bob Nelson
- “Nothing is more effective than sincere, accurate praise, and nothing is more lame than a cookie-cutter compliment.”
– Bill Walsh
- “Nothing else can quite substitute for a few well-chosen, well-timed, sincere words of praise. They’re absolutely free and worth a fortune.”
– Sam Walton
- “Being told something positive about yourself, whether from someone you’re close to, or a passing acquaintance, should really lift the spirits. Just the fact that someone has taken the time to let you know, should have you feeling noticed and appreciated.”
– Paul Bailey
- “Feeling gratitude, and not expressing it, is like wrapping a present and not giving it.”
– William Arthur Ward
- “The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority.”
– Ken Blanchard
- “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader.”
– Simon Sine
- “Great companies don’t hire skilled people and motivate them, they hire already motivated people and inspire them.”
- “Employees are a company’s greatest asset – they’re your competitive advantage. You want to attract and retain the best; provide them with encouragement, stimulus, and make them feel that they are an integral part of the company’s mission.”
– Anne M. Mulcahy
- “At times, our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.”
– Albert Schweitzer
- “Keep your eyes open and try to catch people in your company doing something right, then praise them for it.”
– Tom Hopkins
- “Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other.”
– Randy Pausch
- “Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you’ll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you’ll find that you have more of it.”
– Ralph Marston
- “I think you need to love giving compliments as much as you love receiving them.”
– Yami Gautam
- “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
– Leo F. Buscaglia
- “Don’t forget, a person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.”
– H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- “You become strong by lifting others up, not pulling them down.”
– Matshona Dhliwayo
- “Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man’s growth without destroying his roots.”
– Frank A. Clark
- “Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, What’s in it for me?”
– Brian Tracy
- “You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.”
– Jim Stovall
Let these words help you to inspire your employees and business to strive for success. Remember, showing recognition consistently can significantly improve the atmosphere at work, pushing your employees to work harder and enjoy doing it.
For more business advice and tips have a look at our website.